wine tastes so bad. I’m convinced the whole world is in on an inside joke together trying to persuade me that wine tastes good to them. there’s no way any one can like the taste of it. it’s like bug spray. the whole frickin world pretends to like bug spray. I don’t understand why. stop the madness
Right though? RIGHT? Every other show that supposedly has so much subtext~ makes me laugh because have you seen Xena? Literal actual things that have happened on Xena:
- Lots of direct “I love you”s and “You are my heart” and “you’re all that matters to me” “you’re my family” “people think home is a place, it can be a person” “you are my way” “I don’t care what path as long as it’s with you” etc etc
- Gabs pinching Xena’s butt multiple times
- taking baths with each other, giving massages
- Xena, at this point still very stoic in general, pounding on a dead Gabrielle’s chest, screaming “DON’T LEAVE ME” over and over and crying in front of a room full of people
- Joxer asks Xena “Is that a hickey?” and Gabrielle looks so guilty wow
- Duet in musical episode declaring “we’re safe cuz love will be our guide” which makes the evil illusions literally explode
- "Whatever happens, always remember my love for you is endless" - (kiss mark) Xena
- Eve has two moms I mean “Looks like you got your daughter back” “No we got our daughter back”
- that time Gabrielle threw herself and Hope off a cliff to keep Xena from dying
- that time Gabrielle was a pacifist but when Xena was downed, grabbed her sword and went on a rampage killing at least 8 romans to try and protect her
- that time Gabrielle was supposedly dead and Xena followed her into the afterlife, heedless of whether she’d be able to return
- that time Xena was dead and inhabiting Autolycus’ body and she and Gabrielle’s spirits met in some undefined place and she leaned in to kiss her and it cut to Autolycus kissing Gabs with his (Xena’s) hands on her butt
- Xena got fricking Sappho to write Gabrielle a love poem for her birthday. Sappho. Like.
- No really they are 100% canonically soulmates that are reincarnated together time after time, they refer to each other as this multiple times
- also one of those pairs of soulmates got married in modern times(Xena was a dude though, but then they swapped the souls back into the right bodies and now they’re both ladies look this is a weird show okay shhh)
- Gabrielle put into a magical sleep surrounded by fire and only her true love’s kiss can wake her WHO DO YOU THINK DOES THAT HMM
- that time Caesar rewrote history and Xena was his empress and Gabrielle was a playwright that visited rome and they fell in love at first sight and Xena died for her and Gabrielle was so mad she destroyed the world
- "If I only had 30 seconds left to live, this is how I’d want to live them, looking into your eyes"
- I am not even coming close to covering everything
- In conclusion:
that time Caesar rewrote history and Xena was his empress and Gabrielle was a playwright that visited rome and they fell in love at first sight and Xena died for her and Gabrielle was so mad she destroyed the world
I really didn’t watch this show. Wow.
Yeah, I mean, if you didn’t get from how hard they hammered it into your head even though *technically* you could *almost* claim plausible deniability of their Sapphic (CANON) soulmate (CANON) love, well…
You probably had your TV turned off, or were asleep at the time.
Most Sapphic Show Ever, and I did watch The L Word.
Because of this show and the stories written by the fans depicting Xena and Gabrielle as a couple, I was able to recognize and accept my attraction to other women. This show changed my life completely and I will be eternally grateful for it.
Let’s be honest everyone would rather watch a Black Widow movie than antman
I’d rather watch Black Widow file her taxes than an Ant Man movie
Well you have to admit her work-related expenses would tell some pretty…
Sanjai, a 20-years old bull (male elephant), sees himself for the first time in front of a mirror. [x]
elephants are fucking awesome.
There’s a pretty great hashtag about how great Wonder Woman is over on Twitter. The conversation hasn’t ended yet (and you should join in!), but we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite tweets so far. Just… don’t look at me while you’re reading them. I might be tearing up over here.
I still can’t believe Masashi Kishimoto actually drew this
Scientists from MIT have designed a next-generation spacesuit that acts practically as a second skin, and could revolutionize the way future astronauts travel into space. (Photo : Jose-Luis Olivares/MIT)
Astronauts are used to climbing into conventional bulky, gas-pressurized spacesuits, but this new design could allow them to travel in style. Soon they may don a lightweight, skintight and stretchy garment lined with tiny, muscle-like coils. Essentially the new suit acts like a giant piece of shrink-wrap, in which the coils contract and tighten when plugged into a power supply, thereby creating a “second skin.”
"With conventional spacesuits, you’re essentially in a balloon of gas that’s providing you with the necessary one-third of an atmosphere [of pressure,] to keep you alive in the vacuum of space," lead researcher Dava Newman, a professor of aeronautics and astronautics and engineering systems at MIT, said in astatement.
"We want to achieve that same pressurization, but through mechanical counterpressure - applying the pressure directly to the skin, thus avoiding the gas pressure altogether. We combine passive elastics with active materials. … Ultimately, the big advantage is mobility, and a very lightweight suit for planetary exploration."
Newman, who has worked for the past decade on a design for the next-generation spacesuit, describes the new garment in detail in the journal IEEE/ASME: Transactions on Mechatronics.
The MIT BioSuit’s coils, which are a main feature of the outfit, are made from a shape-memory alloy (SMA). At a certain temperature, the material can “remember” and spring back to its engineered shape after being bent or misshapen.
Skintight suits are not a novel idea, but in the past scientists have always struggled with the question: how do you get in and out of a suit that is so tight? That’s where the SMAs come in, allowing the suit to contract only when heated, and subsequently stretched back to a looser shape when cooled.
Though the lightweight suit may not seem at first like it can withstand the harsh environment that is outer space, Newman and his colleagues are sure that the BioSuit would not only give astronauts much more freedom during planetary exploration, but it would also fully support these space explorers.
Newman and his team are not only working on how to keep the suit tight for long periods of time, but also believe their design could be applied to other attires, such as athletic wear or military uniforms.
"An integrated suit is exciting to think about to enhance human performance," Newman added. "We’re trying to keep our astronauts alive, safe, and mobile, but these designs are not just for use in space."
Scuse you, Dava Newman is a FEMALE professor at MIT.
(fyi, I passed out in a vacuum chamber wearing an earlier version of this suit. =D)
Reaction photoset for the rest of my life.
A baby has a better grasp on race relations than a full grown adult
This should tell you all you need on a number of levels
I believe that children are our future
Apparently some vegans are telling people not to eat honey to support bees.
STOP. STOP NOW.
DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW BEES WORK?
Buy honey (local if possible) -> support beekeepers -> support bees.
I swear people don’t even think this stuff out.
Beekeepers provide bees with an environment in which they can live, and are encouraged to thrive. Bees then have a big huge giant person who can deal with any threats to the hive.
Yes, honey is a winter food supply for bees, but beekeepers (unless they’re dicks, in which case they’d be shooting themselves in the foot) will NEVER take too much honey from a hive, and will always ensure that bees have enough food. Think about it, you’re not going to starve a source of income/hobby, are you?
I had to reblog just for “DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW BEES WORK?" because it made me realize that some people really don’t!
Hey friends! So remember FCKH8, the PETA of the LGBTQIA+ movement? Well they stole my work for their facebook and didn’t bother to put in the ten seconds of effort it takes to find the source, and then told me to my face they didn’t think it worth it to credit me for my own art. But are we even surprised at this point?
If you have a moment why don’t you go let them know what you feel about art theft? And remember NOT to support this group. They’re most recently selling Ferguson shirts and it’s tempting to buy those but FCKH8 will make money from it so instead donate directly to the town.
UPDATE: They’ve since removed my art but don’t let them get away with anything else. I’ve read that this is a common problem with their company so I can’t assume they’ve learned any lessons by me.